ACCESS STATEMENT FOR SELF CATERING UNIT
My self catering dorma bungalow is just 5 minutes walk from the centre of Thame. I do hope you will find the following information helpful, if you have any queries do please call. I look forward to welcoming you.
I have a basic website. Bookings/enquiries can be made via email, fax or phone. Provisions can be purchased for your arrival if notified in advance.
Haddenham and Thame Parkway (2 miles from Thame).
Tel: 08456 005165 (Mon – Friday 8.30 – 17.30).
Trains to and from London Marylebone approximately every 30 minutes.
Arriva 280 to and from Aylesbury – Haddenham – Thame – Wheatley – Headington
– Oxford (City Centre and Railway Station) every 30 minutes.
The nearest bus stop in the town is 100 metres from the entrance of “The Hollies”.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- Arrival time normally 4pm to be confirmed beforehand by phone or email. On arrival you will be given a tour of the property and keys handed over.
- There is off-road parking or two cars.
- Car parking area is levelled concrete and flat. Street parking is also available.
- Parking is 5 metres away from the entrance.
- The entrance is reached via a path 27” wide.
The entrance at the front has one step 7” high, 30” deep and 53” wide. It has a hand rail on the left of the door (door hinged on the right). The front door is 33” wide.
Small Pembroke table accommodating pay phone and chair with padded seat. Space between wall and table 33”
Doorway 30” – mahogany floor. Large rug in front of gas canopy fire. Overhead light and standard lamp. There is free space of 9’ by 7’6” clear of doors and furniture. Easy chairs can be moved around. One large sofa and three easy chairs all with arms.
Teletext T.V. provided with remote control (also available are DVD, stereo with C.D., radio and tape).
- There is no separate laundry but there is a standard size washing machine in the kitchen which is front loading.
- The kitchen has a vinyl floor covering.
- Sink height 35½”; unit height 34½”. Clear of floor space between units 42”. Height of wall cupboards 50” (china and glass kept in wall cupboards).
- Other appliances: cooker, gas or electric hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave. Saucepan drawer ground level.
- Back door width 30”, threshold 3”, handrail on right. Step width 3’, height 6”. From back door to utility room 8 yards.
- Freezer and tumble dryer.
- Door width 45”
- Double doors lead from the lounge area into conservatory.
- Round dining table, leg at each corner, six dining chairs with padded seats, no arms. Table is moveable . Floor – quarry tiles. Doors into garden 45” wide, step 5” deep, threshold 4½”.
Bedrooms Ground Floor
- From lounge, a short passage 7’ long, to double bedded room on the left and single bedroom.
Double Bedded Room (1)
- Doorway 30” fitted carpet
- Dressing table on the left with padded stool and lamp. Overhead light.
- Built in wardrobes with full length mirros.
- Double Bed 4’ 6”, bed height 22” (floor to top of mattress) height can be raised if advised before arrival.
- Non feather duvets and pillows provided. Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton. Touch bedside lamps and bedside cupboards.
- Bedroom chair no arms.
- Longest transfer space available to the left of the bed is 3’ 3” and right of the bed is 3’ 3”
- Longest free space clear of doors and furniture 8’ 2” x 5’ 7”.
Single Bedroom (2)
- Mahogany floor – rug
- Overhead light, bedside lamp, bedside table.
- Bed height floor to top of mattress 22”
- Easy chair with arms. Built in wardrobe. Dressing table with stool and chest of drawers. Transfer space on right of bed 1’ 9” and on left is the bed 4’
- Clear area 4’ x 5’7” clear space.
- Bathroom is less than a metre from ground floor bedrooms.
- Clear space in front of w.c. 5’ 7” x 3’5” wide.
- Toilet seat raiser can be made available.
- Height of basin 30½.
- Height of bath 22”. Shower fitted above bath – non slip bath mat
- Pedal bin.
Stairway - Steps 31” wide, 8” deep
Double Bedded room (3)
- Wooden floor – rugs – ensuite shower
- Bed height to top of mattress 23”
- Bedroom chair – dressing table
- 2 bedside cupboards – 2 bedside lamps
- Built in wardrobes – drawer unit
Double Bedded room (4)
- Wooden floor – rug
- Bed height to top of mattress 22” – bedside cupboards with lamps
- 1 chair with arms
- Dressing table
- Drawer unit
- Curtain wardrobe
- Toilet, basin and shaving socket, table, bin, small strip light